Saturday, October 30, 2010

Madison Park Trip

Last Thursday, October 29th, I took some team members to Madison Park Elementary school for their High School Night. It was a recruiting trip to find new member for the robotics team and to promote the Marine Science program at Carl Hayden. I saw some colleagues from Camelback High School. They just started an engineering magnet program. The are using Vex robots. They aren't doing FRC this year, but they hope to get it going again next year. They were interested in doing NURC. I spoke with a counselor from Fairfax, my kid's home school, and I didn't know they had an engineering magnet. I was jealous of the kids at EVIT, they have their own 3-d printer. And their 3-d graphics program is really cool. The 8th grade kids are so young. They get younger every year. Except for the boys that hassled Elizabeth, we enjoyed our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment